Sunday, March 14, 2010

2 New cards

I loved the colors over at the Play Date Cafe this week:


So pretty!  I made 2 cards with these colors.  Here is the first:


I hand-stitched the stem and the background flower, and I crocheted the darker purple flower.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings, stamped in PTI Plum Pudding ink.  Here is a close-up picture:


For the second card, I used the colors from the Play Date Cafe along with the sketch from Card Patterns:


Here is the second card:


I decided to sew another flower for this card, but not include the crocheted flower on top.  Here is a close-up of the flower.  I added the gems to the center for some bling.



The patterned strips of paper at the bottom are all K&Company.  I added some twine with glass beads.


{Fabulous Details}
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings
Ink PTI Plum Pudding
Misc:  Embroidery floss, button

{Blank Details}
Solid Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned cardstock:  K&Company
Misc:  Embroidery floss, twine, gems, glass beads

11 comments:

Ladybug said...

Both are simply beautiful!! TFS!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous - love your stitching!Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Suzanne C said...

These are gorgeous! What beautiful hand stitching and the papers you used are lovely.

Julie Ranae said...

Deanne....these cards are lovely and wonderful entries for The Play Date Cafe Challenge.....thanks so much for playing with us once again.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love your hand stitching! Thanks for playing at the PDCC!

Ruby said...

Great cards! Especially the first one. I'm trying to do crochet flowers at the moment, I seem to do ok for the first round of petals, it's the second round I get stuck on lol. Fab! :o)

Unknown said...

Your stitching is just fabulous on both! I especially love the first, so clean and crisp!! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are simply fabulous! I love the crocheted flower & all the stitching. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--great stitching and that flower is gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Sarah Anderson said...

very pretty, love how the hand stitching really sets off the crochet flower

whoistracy said...

Wow, the stitching is fantastic!! What a great touch.