For both books, I cut the pages in the sizes I wanted. Then I adhered cardstock to both sides, rounded the corners, and sanded the edges. I also inked the edges for an aged effect. These books were also my first Bind-It-All project.
For the first book, I cut the pages 6x6. I used the All Mixed Up cartridge for the lettering on the front. I welded the letters for the name using Design Studio.
Most of the clips are from the New Arrival cartridge. The pages are all set up so that the pictures can just be added right on top. I used the stork on the back cover.
(You can click on some of the pictures to see a larger image)
For the second book, the baby's Mom likes the color burgundy, so I tried to use that alot in the book.
I cut these pages at 5x7. By using this size, I could set up the pages so that a 4x6 picture would fit with minimal trimming. I also decided to use more of the images from the New Arrival cartridge
On the Little One page, I put a pocket with a pull-out tag that has a baby poem on it. The tag was made of chipboard and covered with cardstock the same as the book pages. I also used a new Peachy Keen face stamp on the Sweet Pea page.
The only page that really disappointed me was the Bath Time page. I really like the patterned paper that I used for the title. But it ended up being really hard to read. I put some solid cardstock behind it to try to make it easier to read, and it helped a little, but I will not use that paper for lettering again.
On the Sleeping Beauty page, I added a little tag that has a bedtime prayer on it. The prayer is the one we said when we were growing up.