Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby Shower Gift Bag and Card Holder

I have a baby shower this weekend, and was struggling with what to get the parents-to-be. Finally I decided to go with a gift card - Then the new Mommy and Daddy can buy diapers or whatever else they need. But I wanted to spruce this idea up a bit. So I decided to make another gift card holder, and decorate a fancy small gift bag.

Dawn McVey was my inspiration the other day with her April 12 post. She decorated the most beautiful bag, and I thought I would try to do something similar. Whaddya think?


I stamped flowers on the white cardstock and the brown cardstock using paint, which gave a really neat effect.


I embossed the blue center cardstock with a sizzix embossing plate.

The flower is from Cricut Walk in My Garden - The edges are sponged lightly with paint.


My son told me that the flower paper looked like I bought it that way - he was really surprised that I had stamped it.


I really like how this bag turned out!

Well, now that I had the bag done, I needed to make a gift card holder. I decided to make the little book style holder, similar to the one I made earlier this week.




All of the baby images came from the New Arrival Cricut cartridge. I added some brown twine at the "binding" so I could add the little pacifier charms.

I sponged all of the edges white - it added a nice soft effect. The outside of the book is stitched with cream thread. I also stitched under the paper on the inner pocket page, so the card holder / book is very very sturdy.

Here is a picture of the gift bag and the card holder together:


This project took some time, but it was so worth it! I can't wait to see the new Mommy's face tomorrow when I give it to her!

No comments: