Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cuttlebug Spot Challenge #30

The challenge this week over at the Cuttlebug Spot is called "Look Through Our Window", and the challenge is to use a frame in your project. I found some cute cuts on the Wild Card cartridge earlier this week, and I thought I would give this one a try. Here is my submission:

I thought these little birds were so cute, I was just waiting for a project to use them on - this one was perfect! This card is supposed to look like you are looking out a window at 2 birds in a tree. The flowers at the bottom of the frame are like flowers from a flower box.



The birds were cut from the Wild Card cartridge and then embossed with the Cuttlebug swirls folder.

The branches were also from the Wild Card cartridge and embossed with Swiss Dots.

I made the frame using Design Studio and basic shapes from the George cartridge - it is embossed with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder - I also sanded the raised areas on the frame to give it a more worn look.

I cut the flowers from the Walk in My Garden cartridge. I adhered some of them to the card, and some of them to the frame for some dimension.

I used a very simple sentiment which was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder, and I sanded the letters slightly to make them stand out more.

I thought this would be a nice card to send to a friend I haven't talked to in awhile.

Thanks for Looking!

6 comments:

Bamabel said...

Oh this is just fabulous!!!! Love those little birdies! Beautiful blog too!

Thanks for joining us this week at The CB Spot!!!
Aymee

Unknown said...

I agree with Aymee, the birds are adorable! Very cute card!

Tammy said...

Super cute card! Love the birds and the whole thing, very creative! I have something for you over at my blog!

Hugs,

Tammy

June Houck said...

So cute! I love the birds and branches, but my fave are all the flowers at the base of the sill. Great card!

~JulieH~ said...

What a stunning card! Good luck in the challenge. I love your blog

Juliexx

Nancy Sanders said...

Deanne this card is just too cute for words, and my, the details, WOW!