Monday, June 15, 2009

Crocheted Flowers - 365 Cards - Day 106

Day 106 at 365 Cards is Super Sketchy Sunday. Here is the inspiration sketch:
I was on a mission this weekend to learn how to crochet flowers. I am not starting from ground zero - when I was about 9 or 10 years old, my Mom taught me how to crochet. However, similar to our sewing experiences, there was alot of screaming during these sessions and in the end I gave up and left all of the crocheting to my Mom.

Recently, Nichole Heady had a crocheted flower tutorial on her blog, and I thought "I can do that!" So I spent the weekend trying to make these little flowers for my cards. Perfect timing for this sketch from 365 Cards!

Here is my take:
For those of you who are not aware, I am totally into gadgets! So I had a couple of new gadgets that I wanted to try out, in addition to the crocheted flowers. I used the Making Memories tag curler for the Thanks tag, and I also finally got an edge distresser. I broke out the Slice machine this weekend as well and made the green ribbon tag on the bottom right of the card.

These pictures show some of the details close-up.

I am pleased with the crocheted flower on this card - not too bad for not knowing what I am doing! I hand-stitched the stem and leaves for an added detail.

I have another post going up today for the Card Patterns challenge where I used another crocheted flower.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow...look at you go!!! I love your crochet flower, it is such a fab touch on your card! Good for you for taking out the toys to play with!

Rose said...

great job with the crochetting!! prety card :D

Jana said...

Wonderful card. Great flowers. You did a very good job. I am heading over to her tutorial right now...

Kristie Larsen said...

that flower is glorious! great job making it. i love that you wanted to try it and just did it! that is the right crafting attitude! Great take on the challenge!

Merry said...

Wonderful card....and thanks for the link on the crocheted flowers. Just what I was looking for.