Saturday, October 24, 2009

Greeting Card Gift Set

For any of you who purchase Papertrey Ink stamp sets, do you save the clear boxes the sets come in? I just cannot bring myself to throw these boxes away. It finally occurred to me that these boxes are the perfect size for a card set. I am sure everyone else has already figured this out - I am just kind of slow ;-)

So I decided to use the colors from the current Raspberry Suite Color challenge for a card set for my sister. Whenever she comes to visit, she usually takes most of the cards I have made. But I haven't seen her for some time, so I suspect she needs some new cards.

First I am going to show each of the cards, and then I will show the box all assembled at the end.

Here are the colors for the challenge:

I just got the Papertrey Ink Giga Guidelines set, and I just had to give it a try!


For this second card, the sentiment was from Giga Guidelines as well.

I also just decided to get the Mega Mixed Messages set. Okay - how did I ever live without it?? It has every sentiment you could ever need! The sentiments on the next card is from that set.


I thought my sister would like a little crocheted flower card in her set. And I just love stringing glass beads onto twine for a little something extra! The sentiment on this card is also from Mega Mixed messages.


For this next card, I used Everyday Button Bits. I love that set!


Finally I thought she needed a butterfly card with some swirls and bling!




I put a decorative band and a little tag envelope on the box, and then I decorated a little tag to fit in the envelope.
I can't wait to send this to her. She will love this set!


Thanks for Looking!

Details:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamp sets: Papertrey Ink (PTI) Everyday Button Bits, PTI Mega Mixed Messages, PTI Giga Guidelines
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, Stampin Up True Green
Edge Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars
Large flowers cut with Nestabilities Flower die set
Butterflies cut with Cricut Stamp Solutions cartridge
Crocheted flower made with embroidery floss
Misc: buttons, grosgrain ribbon, gems, hemp cord, glass beads

12 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! You were busy!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake and love the glass beads on the twine. All of your creations were just FAB! I enjoyed looking at all of it!

Maureen said...

wow! You were busy! hard to pick a favourite, but it may be the button bit bouquet with the green lace grass :) so pretty :)

Victoria said...

wow these are fabulous, hope you enjoyed making them as much as I have looking at them

Victoria
x

Taheerah said...

Wow, you really went to town with this challenge! My favourite is your fourth one!!

Scrapping Julie said...

WOWZA. all of them are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Deanne! I am new reader of your blog and look forward to your posts. These cards are beautiful and inspiring. I always love the butterfly cards, thank you so much for sharing!
~Heather

6 wacky women said...

Wow!! Deanne,
Such a gorgeous set, so many fabulous details, love the designs too.

Karen x

Cat said...

It's too hard to choose which card I like the best, they are look gorgeous. I really like how you used the beads on your cards, it adds a lovely dimension to them.:)

Andrea M said...

I'm sure you've heard this multiple times but - wow, you've been busy :) Love all your creations! Amazing work. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Winter said...

Cute! You have been BUSY! :)

Paola said...

Forgive my poor english...i'm just an italian reader...but this post is amazing and i must tell you that your cards are fantastic....you use the colours suggested in several wonderful way!!!
thank you for sharing your ideas and beautiful works!!!

Joy said...

What a beautiful collection of art!! I love them all!
xoxo Joy