Thursday, October 1, 2009

My favorite card ever!

A friend asked me to make a birthday card for him to give to someone who is very special to him. I know the recipient and she is just so wonderful, that I wanted to make something really special for her. So I was feeling extreme pressure for this one. I have been thinking about this for a couple of days and this is what I came up with:


Of course I had to get a few challenges in there:
Creative Card Crew: All that Sparkles
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Cute As a Bug
ABC Challenge: E is for Embossing

Please go check out all of these blogs - they have the most awesome prizes this week!

I used the butterfly cut from the Cricut Stamping Solutions cartridge, and I embossed each butterfly with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls cartridge.

I added some swirls stamped in black on the left side. I also added tiny gems to the swirls and also some gems on the butterflies.

I printed the sentiment in a font called "Angelic War". I find really cool fonts on a site called Dafont, and the link is in my left side bar under "Fun Place to Visit".

I decorated the inside to coordinate.

Now normally I would never make a card that I could not fit into an envelope, but this one will be hand-delivered, so the fact that the red butterfly is extending over the edge wasn't really a big deal.

I just love this card! It is my favorite in a long time! I can't wait to give it to my friend!

Thanks so much for Looking!

{Fabulous Birthday Details}
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Butterflies cut from Cricut Stamping Solutions
Embossing with Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls
Font: Angelic War
Misc: gems, swirls stamp

8 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the graduating butterflies and the different colours you've used. The swirls and gems are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Deanne, your butterflies are stunning and love the different sizes you have used, no wonder you love this card! Thanks for joining in the bug fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Helen said...

Wow - this is stunnung!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Tina M said...

this is so pretty! what a wonderful idea and I love the sparkles!! thank you so much for sharing :)

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i love the colours you have used, really cute bugs too, thanks for joining us at Cupcake hugs pops x x

Unknown said...

I can see why you love this card.. it is beautiful.. supper job on the butterflies.
Cheers

Tova said...

Lovely card, I love all these butterflies !

Liza said...

Beautiful card, I love the effect of all the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x