Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 cards today

Hi Everyone! I have 2 cards today - it was a late night! I decided to try out the Mojo Monday challenge this week - this will be my first time participating in that. The challenge over at the Cuttlebug Spot is "Celebrate Education", and they are offering a fantastic prize this week from Custom Crops (one of my favorite stores!) In addition, KatzDesignz is offering an awesome prize over on her blog - please head over there to check it out!

Here is the sketch for Mojo Monday:


And here is my submission for Cuttlebug Spots and Mojo Monday:

I have had this DCWV Grade School paper pack forever, but this is the first time I have used it. The colors are so vibrant!

I embossed the striped paper with the Cuttlebug Argyle folder.

I used the Cricut Locker Talk cartridge for all of little school cuts.

The sentiment is from a stamp I found in the $1 bin at Pat Catans.


Here is the second card which is just for Mojo Monday:


I haven't made anything purple in awhile - so I decided to make up for that! This sentiment is so funny - I printed it out my computer.

I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug Swirls folder.

I used Nestabilities to cut out the sentiment and the frame for the cake.

I had a lot of fun decorating that cake with stickles and little gems. The cake is from the Cricut Celebrations cartridge.

Thanks for Looking!


{To Teach Details}
Patterned Paper: DCWV Grade School Pack
School cuts from Cricut Locker Talk cartridge
Circle and frame cut from Cricut George cartridge
Misc: Grosgrain ribbon and brads

{Cake Details}
Dark Purple Base Paper: Core'dinations
Light Purple background: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: K&Company
Embossing with Cuttlebug Swirls folder
Frames and sentiment cut with Nestabilities Labels
Cake cut with Cricut Celebrations cartridge
Misc: Stickles, gems, ribbon

6 comments:

BlueRose said...

Wow, your cards are stunning. I love your blog very nice.

I'm not to sure if you wanted to enter the drawing? but if you do then please don't forget to post a link from my blog to yours for others to see K..♥

BlueRose said...

Mibad, please forgive me I didn't see the little diddy with my post on the Challenge. Your good to enter! ♥

DonnaMundinger said...

What an adorable card! Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttelbug Spot. xxD

Bamabel said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!!! Thanks for joining in at The Cuttlebug Spot!!

Aymee

Unknown said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love all of the details on both. So glad you joined us this week at TCS! :)

Marianne said...

Hi Deanne
Thanks for the kind remark on my blog. :)
I think your cards are great too - and I love the sentiment you used for the Mojo Monday challenge.
With that said, the sentiment on the «pile it on»-card was wonderful - I love 'unexpected' sentiments.
I might just use one of them on my own cards one day.