Thursday, September 10, 2009

Colour Create Challenge 27

It's Colour Create Time! For Challenge #27, the colors are a very striking neon green and black.

There is an awesome prize from Whiff of Joy for this challenge. Head on over to Colour Create to check out the details! And if you get a chance, check out the Whiff of Joy website - they have a fantastic assortment of stamps

Back to business... Here is the inspiration photo.

Ok- this was a really tough challenge for me - I just couldn't think of anything! The first subject I thought of was frogs. This is what I came up with:


All I can say about that is "YIKES"! I had such visions - I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld the Hoppy Birthday letters into the frame; I found frogs on the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge; I happen to have some Prima green flowers which were the perfect color; I had some neon green glass beads that I strung on some hemp. But when it was all said and done, I just didn't care much for this card.

Then I decided to focus on the Halloween theme. Here is my card:

I cut all of the shapes with the Cricut machine - the details for the cartridges are below. I am hooked on frames lately, so I used Design Studio to weld a jagged type of frame. I layered some of the images to give more of a dimensional effect.

To go along with this Halloween card, I made some little treats:


Aren't these little treats so fun! I made these using the Spooky Sweets stamp set from Papertrey Ink. The background stamp is sized for an Avery 8160 label, and an 8160 label wraps
around a Hershey nugget perfectly.

The clear boxes fit 8 nuggets and are available at Clear Dollar Stamps. I like them because you can see the decorated nuggets inside.

I trimmed the boxes with some coordinating ribbon and a label made using Nestabilities. the background stamp on the second label was a Stampin Up stamp I picked up on eBay.

Have fun with the challenge! I will be around to check as many of your submissions as I can!

If you get a chance, please check out the other design team members stunning creations! These ladies never cease to amaze me with their talent!


Thanks for stopping by!


{Hoppy Birthday Details}
All paper: Best Occasion Textured cardstock
Flowers: Prima
Frame: Cricut Storybook cartridge
Letters: Cricut Opposites Attract cartridge
Frame and letters welded using Cricut Design Studio
Frogs: Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge
Leaves: Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge
Misc: glass beads, black hemp cord, black gems, grosgrain ribbon

{Spook-tacular Details}
All Paper: Bazzill Basics cardstock
Background embossed using Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder
Frame: grass from Plantin Schoolbool book welded using Design Studio
Tree and bats: Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge
Moon, stars, rectangle headstones: Cricut George and Basic Shapes cartridge
Grass: Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Sentiment printed using Chiller font
Misc: Gems

{Candies Details}
Clear Boxes: Clear Dollar Stamps
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Spooky Sweets
Nuggets labels, Avery 8160: background stamped with Adirondack Citrus Ink
Box Labels cut with Nestabilities

10 comments:

Dena said...

My goodness you did an amazing job here! So much cuteness! Love the chocolates idea and adorable Halloween card. Hugs, Dena

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely fabulous creations, Deanne.
Your work is brilliant, I love them all!!

Karen x

Janiel/ janny said...

Fabulous creations Deanne. I love that card with the tree. So different and unique.
hugs janiel

Mina said...

wow wow and wow Deanne...fantastic all of them...so fantastically made too
Mina xxx

Chris said...

Hi Deanne, your creations are fabulous, I love them all! Your welded frames are superb and I'm going to have to ask for some pointers from you if you don't mind if I ever manage to update the firmware for my design studio, I haven't been able to use it yet and I love how you welded the sentiment into the frame. Those little nugget wrappers are wonderful and your cards both so inspiring. Hope you have a great weekend. Chris x

Di said...

Hiya hun, glad you put all your creations on ! great job! stunning work

Hugs Di xxxx

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, not one, not two but three amazing creations !!! I love them all but the halloween card is amazing ! Fantastic job !

Have a fantabulous weekend !

Hugs,

Jo x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wowzer! These are an amazing amount of makes Deanne. How creative and versatile are you! I still can't believe that you made so many gorgeous items. Fantastic work.
Sharon xx

Unknown said...

WOW you're good! Next to you Hallmark is so boring!!!

Heather said...

Three fabulous creation Deanne - don't know why you don't like the first one - I love it, especially those little froggies!!. Just love all your elements on the Halloween one, especially the border and the Hershey nugget one look delicious (whatever they are) lol.
hugs Heather xx