Thursday, September 3, 2009

Raspberry Suite #16

Today at work, a co-worker asked if I had a card we could give to another co-worker who is leaving the company. I didn't have one that seemed appropriate, so I decided to make one tonight. As I was trying to figure out what to do for the card, I realized that Dawn McVey posted a new Raspberry Suite color challenge.

Here are the colors:



These colors were perfect for the card I needed. Here is what I came up with:

I stamped the background clear ink, and then I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. That created a nice shiny pattern.

I used a Fiskars punch for the border.

As usual, I fought and fought with the bow but I think it turned out ok. I secured it with a button from my stash.

The sentiment was from a stamp I found in the clearance bin at our local craft store. You can never have too many generic sentiment stamps ;-)

Thanks for Looking!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! These are some of my favorite colors...you did such a great job with it!

Unknown said...

Very nice. Can't believe what you did with those colors.

Maureen said...

this is so pretty!! Love the scallop border, the polka dots and the ribbon treatment...gorgeous!

Jo Nevill said...

This is just gorgeous, I adore that color combo - you will have to remember that one ;o) !!!

Have a great weekend,

Hugs,

Jo x

Maria Matter said...

This is so pretty! Great scallop border and polka dots!!!

blessings, Maria

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the polka dots! :)

Sue P. said...

Great card! I love the embossed circles on the textured cardstock.