Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun Birthday Card

The challenge at Creative Belli Blog this week is to use texture. This challenge is right up my alley! I love adding texture to cards. The challenge over at Whimsy Stamps is to make a birthday project. I made this card earlier this week, and it is perfect for these challenges - here it is:



This is one of my favorite cards lately! I like all of these bright colors together.

I used a cuttlebug folder for the embossing on the bright pink cardstock. I crocheted the flower and finished it off with a button. The sentiment is stamped on a Nestabilities oval. My favorite part is the beaded trim which I got at Michaels on clearance.

My daughter's birthday is at the end of this month, and she has decided she wants me to give her this card - ha ha! That is the ultimate compliment!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Holly said...

This is awesome! I love the dangling beads and the bright colors!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love these bright colors and the crocheted flower!! Fabulous job, adding those beads! WOW! Thanks for joining us in the Belli this week!

Dani said...

LOVE this! Those beads are very cool and the bright colors are perfect! Wonderful job, thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wonderful job - love all the different textures you've included, but the crocheted flower is my favorite! Wish I could make them...Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Debbie said...

love love love all of your textures! wow and the colors are awesome. Thanks for playing the belli challenge.

Chrissy D said...

WOW! I love the beads. This is one FABULOUS card! I love it! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Anne Harada said...

Oh I agree!! This is a completely fun and bright card!! I so admire you talented gals who can crochet your own flowers too!!! I'm jealous!! Love the beading, this is totally textured out!! Awesome card!! Thanks for posting it to the Belli Blog! Love it!!

Tammy said...

Wow very cool!! I love this! ;)
Great colors also!

Hugs

Tammy

Denise Clark said...

Good morning Tammy! Found your blog over at Whimsy Stamps.

Great card. I agree. I love all the bright happy colors! The beaded trim if wonderful! Love it! Really sets off the card!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is beautiful! That beading is awesome, love the fun colors too. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy Challenges. ~ Denise :)

Ceal said...

Awesome, I love the beading as well! thanks for sharing with us on the BC

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty birthday card!!! Love how you added the texture with the crocheted flower and the beads...such an AWESOME design!!! thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!!!