Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just Because...

I was able to spend some time making a card for 2 challenges! The Pink Elephant #23 challenge is to use light blue, dark blue, and red. The challenge over at Caadvarks is to use the following sketch:
Here is my submission:

For this card, I tried a technique I found over at Cuttlebug Challenges - stamping with your embossing folder. For the light blue background, I inked a Sizzix embossing plate, and then ran the inked plate and paper through the Sizzix machine. This created a really neat background paper.

I used the Slice machine to cut all of the shapes - the scalloped frame, the square and the swirls.

The sentiment was created using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I crocheted the flowers with embroidery floss. Finally, I added some bling in the scalloped corners.

Thanks for Looking!

No comments: