Monday, July 20, 2009

CardPatterns and Colour Create

I was able to complete 2 challenges with one card! The challenge at Colour Create this week is to use blue and white, optional vintage. The challenge at CardPatterns this week is to use this sketch:

Here is my card:
For whatever reason, blue and white are always difficult for me.

I happen to have this digital stamp printed that I thought would work. And I used my Slice machine to cut the scalloped square.

The little butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch. I just love adding those butterflies to projects!

Thanks for Looking!

10 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Deanne, What a cute card!!! I love the offset you have done on it and those cute little pop out butterflies!
Thank you for joining in the fun at Colour Create this week. I hope to see you next time. janny

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is beautiful Deanne. The image is adorable and I love those butterflies. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

I absolutely *LOVE* this card!! The owl is super adorable and i love the punched butterflies & scallops!! :)

Mina said...

oh wow Deanne this is gorgeous, I love the image and the butterflies and the clean lines...stunning...thanks for joing in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

~amy~ said...

great take on the sketch...owl and butterflies...you can't get much better than that!

whoistracy said...

Deanne this is adorable! Love the simplicity of it. That little owl and his butterfly friends just make me smile.

Di said...

This is stunning love the image and the clean simplicity of the card it looks fabulous!
Thanks for joining C.C this week

Di xxx

Unknown said...

That little owl is so cute!

Elise said...

Such a CUTE image and great how you combined all of the elements! Digital stuff still scares me! What a darling job and great use of the sketch!

Chris said...

A fabulous card Deanne and I love your image and the way you used the colours, it really is stunning. Glad you could join us at CC this time. Chris x