Thursday, July 23, 2009

Invitations

The challenge for Day 144 over at 365 Cards is called "You Raise Me Up - Try to incorporate at least 2 ways to add dimension to your card. I have a bunch of invitations that I made over the last week that fit this challenge. This first invitation is for my daugher's 7th birthday:



Kelsie wanted "Cheetah Girl" invitations. Well, this is as close to the Cheetah Girls as I am going to go. The pink background paper has a really pretty shimmer. Then I layered with Cheetah paper and the invitation. I added ribbon, a flower, and bling.




I really want to point out the cute font I was able to find. It is called "Cheri", and I got it at this site: Princess Fonts. If you look, you can see that all of the dots on the letter "i" and the periods, and commas are all hearts. So cute and girly!






I made the next set of invitations for a dear friends daughters. These little girls love coming to our cottage to go boating and swimming... I have told them they can come to visit anytime they want, so I thought I would make these pretty invitations for them.




I made the invitations in each girl's favorite color.

For the pink invitation, I crocheted a 3-tier flower and secured it with a button. I really like the row of color coordinated buttons on the bottom.










For the blue invitation, I made a multi-layer flower with my Slice machine. I just LOVE this flower! I kind of curled up the edges, and then I used stickles to add some sparkle to the flower edges.


I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the butterflies at the bottom, and I added blue or green gems to each butterfly. and I also added stickles to the edges of the wings.

Thanks for Looking!






2 comments:

Lost in Paper said...

these are just so cute!! i love your crocheted flowers!!!

~amy~ said...

adorable! Love those flowers!!